Look cool while secretly feeding your inner geek. Blend in with the LoDo scene wearing your iPod or with your phone to your ear and listen to Denver's most entertaining walking tour. Professional actors and narrators guide you through historic Denver, while interviewing interesting and fun characters along the way. Giving you the flavor of the Old West, storytelling is interspersed with re-enacted scenes that occurred throughout the decades and shaped the Queen City of the Plains.
The entire LoDo tour takes about two hours to walk, and it's divided up into five smaller tours if you want to spread it over several adventures. With the entire LoDo Tour, you get all five of the LoDo Mini-tours listed here for one low price.
- Larimer Square: Meet folks like General Larimer, Soapy Smith, and Jack Keroauc in this jam-packed tour that takes you from Denver's early years through the beatnik period.
- 16th Street Mall: ride the bus or walk along Denver's famous pedestrian mall and hear about the city's claims to fame, including the D&F Tower, the original Denver mint, and the Sugar Building.
- Wazee Corner: learn about how furry four-legged friends have played into Denver's history as you visit places like the Wazee Super Club, the Elephant Corral, and the Acme Building.
- Union Station: jump aboard the train to learn how the Queen City of the Plains almost became a ghost town - and visit real ghosts at the Oxford Hotel.
- Ballpark and Red Light District: find out how the phrase the sporting life can mean different things in different places, like the ballpark neighborhood and the old red light district.
So what are you waiting for? Enjoy the fresh air, get a little exercise, and learn a few tidbits that will come in handy during your next competitive trivia game. Download and start listening now!