PCOS is a caused by a hormonal imbalance and can result in distressing symptoms such as acne, irregular or absent periods and increased hair growth on the face and body. For some, PCOS will even lead to infertility, hair loss and weight gain. Not all women will experience all of the symptoms and what the sufferer experiences may change over time, which can make the syndrome particularly difficult to deal with. Coping with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome has been written to help sufferers to cope with the changing nature of the disorder and its effects.
This new edition includes:
Download and start listening now!
- Latest medical definition of PCOS
- Associated health risks such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease and endometrial cancer
- Causes and associated conditions such as insulin problems
- The importance of losing weight
- Help from your doctor
- Getting pregnant
- Diet and exercise
- Managing stubborn symptoms such as excess hair, acne, and being overweight
- Complementary remedies
- Emotional support