Whether you're trying to motivate a team, negotiate a contract, make a sale, ask for a raise, land a new job, or terminate an employee, the conversations you have will either help you succeed or undermine your goals. Communication expert and leadership coach Shawn Kent Hayashi has spent more than two decades studying how the things people say impact their business and professional lives. In her new book Conversations for Change: 12 Ways to Say It Right When It Matters Most, she not only identifies the 12 most important types of conversations people have, but shows readers how to reach their maximum potential by using these conversations effectively.
Hayashi identifies the 12 types of conversations that are vital for growth and success - not just in business but in every area of your life. In order to communicate well you must first master three fundamentals. These are:
- Building emotional intelligence
- Understanding workplace motivators
- Recognizing and adapting to communication styles
Readers of Conversations for Change can take a free self-assessment at www.WhenTheConversationChanges.com to identify their personal communication style.
This is the book that shows you how to:
Download and start listening now!
- Simplify your message - without oversimplifying it
- Reduce tensions between you and your listener
- Quickly recognize and choose the most effective interpersonal communication techniques
- Be flexible and resilient while staying focused on your objective
- Choose the right phrases for any situation
- Use timing to your best advantage