The United States is home to 86.4 million owned cats, and 52 percent of owners own more than one cat. That means more furry love for owners, but also can put your cats' tails in a twist over that (HISSS!) new feline friend. From conflicts over favorite sleep spots to sharing potty facilities, adding new pets rubs fur the wrong way and creates hairy situations for everyone - including you.
This new guide gives owners all the must-knows about cat behavior, whether they share their home with a single feline or a clowder of cat companions. You'll learn why cats act with cat-egorical aggression, and learn how to soothe the growls and turn your household into a peaceable kingdom. You'll find detailed, prescriptive, how-to advice focused on the most common problems found in the multi-cat household. Use these fun techniques to calm fears, explain cat body language, and strengthen the bond you share with your cats. Step-by-step tips from this award-winning author and certified animal behavior consultant explain how to:
- Recognize and diffuse cat-to-cat aggression
- Settle disputes over territory, potty problems and mealtime woes
- Train your cat to walk on leash, come when called and more
- Choose an appropriate furry friend that resident cats welcome with open paws
- Introduce the new arrival (including babies, kids, and dogs) to the current cats
- Solve common pet peeves: meowing, clawing, countertop cruising, door dashing
- Understand weird behaviors: phone attraction, mirror fear, elevator butt, and toilet pests
Fun, practical, and eminently informative, ComPETability helps owners devise strategies that enable multiple cats to live in harmony within the same household. Written by one of America's premier pet experts, the book explains everything the loving cat owner needs to know. Most importantly, ComPETability provides crucial tips on how to evaluate and match your pets' personali... Download and start listening now!